March 18, 2017 – Cancer Treatments
On Wellness Matters in March we will look at cancer treatments.
Cancer has had a major impact on society in the United States. While there is still no cure for cancer, research has helped come up with new ways to fight it. Using a person’s own DNA scientists and doctors can customize a course of treatment for those affected with advanced forms of cancer and advances in radiation technology have made it possible to be more precise when treating tumors or specific regions of the body.
Dr. Jeff Bird will be joined in studio by Dr. Salfi Ibrahim the director of the IU health precision genomics program at Ball Memorial Hospital to talk about their unique program. We will take a tour of the new linear accelerator at the IU Health Ball Memorial Cancer Center with Radiation physicist Joe Butts and we will learn why colonoscopies are an important screening tool in the fight against colorectal cancer.
Cancer Treatment Resources:
- American Cancer Society
- Cancer Services – Little Red Door of East Central Indiana
- IU Health
- IU Health Institute for Personalized Medicine
- Cancer Services of Grant County
- CBS Sunday Morning show…Beyond Cancer
- Cancer the Emperor of all Maladies
- National Cancer Institute
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Cancer Center Treatments of America
- Community Hospital Anderson
- American Institute for Cancer Research
For more information about the IU Health Ball Memorial Heart and Lung Center or the Cardiopulmonary Rehab Facility and services, call (765) 747-3773.