Plan to Rescan on Oct. 18
(Updated Oct. 1, 2019) —Viewers of WIPB Public Television’s over-the-air broadcast signal will need to take action this month if they don’t want to miss any of their favorite programs from WIPB-HD 1, WIPB 2 Create or WIPB 3 Weather.
Anyone viewing WIPB through a cable or satellite provider will not need to take any action.
At approximately 12:00 p.m. on Oct. 18, 2019, WIPB will move to channel 19.
This move will require viewers to rescan their television sets to continue receiving WIPB programming. Each brand of television is a little different, but rescanning the channels is a fairly simple process.
This process should take less than 10 minutes to complete and result in the reception of all three of WIPB’s channels: 49.1, 49.2 and 49.3.
The basic steps include:
- Make sure you have a dual-band (UHF/VHF) digital antenna connected to your TV
- Select the MENU button on your television’s remote control
- Select “Channel Setup” (or similar option)
- Select “Antenna” and/or “Air”
- Select “New Scan” (or similar)
Anyone having trouble receiving WIPB after Noon on Oct. 18 is asked to call (765) 285-1249 or 800-252-9472.